(Please scroll down for upcoming information)
The Riceville Utility District was formed in 1953 for the purpose of obtaining a public water system for Riceville.
A Board of Commissioners were appointed to work with the State of Tennessee to purchase land, develop streets and install water mains for private and commercial use.
The water system started out by using a local spring and later (due to demand and quality) treated water was purchased from Hiwassee Utility Commission and is currently used today.
The first service was installed in April 1961 making up a 160 connections and has continued to grow throughout the years; we currently serve around 1300 connections.